DroidSpot & Android Lollipop

Thanks guys. In normal use, it shouldn’t matter whether there’s a default entry in that box or not.

Barry

Barry,
It’s not really a default entry, just a hint If you hit submit with those values unchanged the App complains there is nothing entered. So no way to accidentally spot yourself on W2/GA-001.
I’m working today on a new release with a higher contrast (black background, white letters) and some more error checking. The box will turn red if it’s missing information.
Also, I’ve removed the hints.
If you are interested in testing new Beta versions of DroidSpot, PM me and I’ll send you the link to sign up. They will automatically download to your device.

Andrew

I’ve now got DroidSpot installed on my Sony Xperia running Android 4.3 Kernal 3.4.0

Over the week I’ll try it out and compare with SOTA Spotter to see how it goes. I realize that SOTA Spotter also shows spots received and has a similar looking spot sending page, so I’ll obviously only mention the sending functions when comparing the two apps.

Version 2.7 was just moved to production in the Google Play Store. It has the following enhancements.

1. Changed to Higher contrast for better viewing outdoors.
  2. Text Box now turns Red if data is missing or wrong.
  3. Removed Hints in some text boxes, they seemed to be causing confusion.

It should be available as an update in the next few hours as the Google CDN’s update.

Andrew - K1YMI

It’s on the Store now as I’ve just downloaded it from there and installed it on my Xperia.

Ed,
You only need to fill out the email, if you have never registered before. All you have to do is set the SMS number you want it to send to.
On the + symbol issue, I’ll look into that and make sure it allows “+” on the next release.

Andew