Doubts in translations

I’m helping the local AM to translate the General Rules to Italian and I’ve found this sentence which doesn’t sound right to me, or I’m misunderstanding it:

3.7 Rules for Activators

In particular, Activators should be satisfied that there is no
indication that access to the summit is forbidden, as access is subject to change.

Shouldn’t it be “In particular, Activators should not be satisfied that there is no indication that access to the summit is forbidden, as access is subject to change.” ?

Or maybe you can help me to figure out the correct meaning.

Thanks,
Gab

Hi Gab,
The way I see it is: "as long as the activator does not see any indication (locally or publicly available on websites, bulletins etc,) that access to the summit is forbidden, he can activate the summit. This is because access to summit can change being subject to decision of land owners"
Hope it helps
Fabio IK2WQH

The English could be simplified as it is a form of double negative. (i.e -1 x -1 = +1 !)

Activators should be satisfied that there is no indication that access to the summit is forbidden
… ^^^^…^^^^
… (-1)…(-1)

Better would be:

Activators should be satisfied that access to the summit is allowed as access is subject to change.

Thanks Fabio, that makes sense.
I’d like a confirmation from MT about it to avoid anything getting lost in translation :slight_smile:

Hi Andy,
thanks for the clarification.