Dm/bw

Hi all

Sorry but no summits again from me today, I am still stuck in the apartment with my back problem.

I hope to be able to activate tomorrow again. I have internet access now thanks to Ralf DH3IAJ who kindly brought us a laptop to use.

Ralf and Klaus DF2GN spent an evening with us drinking wheat bier and we had a cracking time, I think you will enjoy the photos.

Ralf, Klaus, Steve DL/G1INK and Mick have gone out to do a joint activation so listen for them shortly.

DL/GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hi Mike
Sorry to hear about your back problems - but glad the wheat beer helps !!

Very pleased to work you on CW from several of your activations - many thanks

Hope you feel better soon

73 Graham G3OHC

In reply to GW0DSP:

Sorry to hear about your back problems Mike. Hope you recover soon.
When I heard about the huge moth on Steve’s activation yesterday, I thought you must have opened your wallet. That should have eased the back a little :slight_smile:

73’s
David/G4CMQ

In reply to G4CMQ:

Thanks for the good wishes Graham and David, Steve took my camera yesterday and we have a photo of the giant bug, you will be amazed when you see it. It was great to work so many G`s back home, especially Roy G4SSH/A who has worked me on most summits. 30m has been a good band but 40m suffers big QRN with the storms ever present around the region.

All three of us are in a bad way, hi, Mick with his hip, me with my back and Steve is really suffering with a bad case of gout, what a trio.

Fingers crossed I will be out to do more of these wonderful summits tomorrow, Ralf kindly brought us some anti inflamatory tablets today so fingers crossed that they kick in.

Mike DL/GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Hi Mike

Sorry to hear about your problems and hope that you recover soon. I wondered why Klaus was running the CW side, with Steve.

Many thanks for the SOTA QSO’s to date; my 6 foot indoor vertical antenna was performing well on 30m but struggling with much QRN on 40m.

Hope to catch you tomorrow before I fly home around 1500

Roy G4SSH/A
Fowey, Cornwall

In reply to GW0DSP:

I wish you a very speedy recovery from your back problem Mike.

Take care and all the best.

Regards and 73

John
M0EAV

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear that your activations today have had to be curtailed due to your back problem. I trust that the ‘weiss bier’ will help to dull the pain (and don’t forget to bring a crate or two back HI if you can hide any from the other two HI).

73, Mike G4BLH

In reply to G4BLH:

Hi Mike

The 2 days rest seems to be doing the trick, the wheatbeer is a good anaesthetic but better still, Ralf DH3IAJ brought us some anti-inflamatory pills which has made a big difference. With luck I will be out again tomorrow. I can not stand another day as DM/BW spotter, drinking wheat-beer and wine…It is a hard life, hi.

Mike DL/GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Pleased to hear the back is on the mend Mike - I was hoping to bag a few more summits with you today, but it was not to be. I managed to catch Klaus on a couple.

Take it easy when you get out again. Sounds like you’ll be suitably laid back anyway: beer + wine + pills! Might make for some interesting keying.

73 to you all, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

Hi Gerald

The lads are back now and we have shared a beer with Ralf and Klaus again, well Klaus had a soft drink.
It was a good mix of beer, wine and pills, but I am not as drunk as most theople pink I am.

Mike
DL/GW0DSP

Hi all

My apologies, there will be no summits from me again today. I thought I might be able to do some summits today but it would be foolish while I still have considerable pain.

Steve DL/G1INK will be heading for the summits shortly and hopes to activate 4 summits today, starting at approx 1030utc (very flexible) on his usual frequencies.

Mike DL/GW0DSP

hi Mike,

sorry to hear that your back is not ok today.
no good thing to sit at home by this sunshine.
i want to do a summit later,but think i have a stop at Bühlingen for a hour
or so and show you a bit of my homebrew stuff,if you want…

so, if i have time i stop by you in the next hour for a short visit !

vy 73 Klaus

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hello Mike,
sorry to hear you don’t feel better today. Good improvement and have a look for a cool place in your appartement. It will be very warm again today. See you later in the evening.

73’s, Ralf DH3IAJ

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hope you are better soon Mike and thanks for the cw QSO’s. 73’s John (G4WSX)

In reply to G4WSX:

Thanks John, maybe tomorrow I will get a couple of summits in, we will see. Having a great time anyway, tomorrow is our final day, we leave on Wednesday morning and will be back home Thursday morning.

Mike DL/GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hi Mike
there’s a new spot by DH3IAJ that suggests BW224 is the wrong ref for the last summit Steve was on - wondered if you were aware ?
73 Graham

In reply to G3OHC:

Hi Graham

I have just ammended my spot and posted the error on this reflector. Mick texted the wrong ref, please ammend your spot and all chasers ammend their logs. Apologies.

Mike DL/GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hi again

no problem - Steve is telling everyone he works at the moment that it is BW244 not 224 for the last one

73 Graham

In reply to G3OHC:

Thanks Graham.

Mike DL/GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Perhaps too much German wheat-beer and wine … hihi ?

Cu Mike

Luc ON6DSL