Deletion of CT/TM-011 - Barrosã

Hi

CT/TM-011 was deleted without prior warning to the SOTA community, at least the CT SOTA community.

When I helped to update the ARM, I had noticed that should happen one day but no date was given.

Shouldn’t have some prior warning in advance ?

Vy 73 de Pedro, CT1DBS/CU3HF

Pedro, I’m not sure what happened to any notices regarding changes to the summits. We’ve done lots of small updates recently so I can only assume that the notification got lost in the other updates and failed to make it the reflector.

Hi Andy

Thank you for your reply.

I understand the huge amount of work that you and others do for benefit of the SOTA community and nobody knows if the AM or the RM had been warned about the deletion.

Even though we are all imbebed in the amateur radio spirit, borders and relationships with brothers - our Spanish brothers - are complicated stuff for a nation who fought 800 years for their territory, their language and their destiny.
So, the lack of information lead people to have some sort of reserve…And that’s the opposite that is wanted for the expansion of the SOTA program.

Of course it’s still possible activate the location using the Spanish summit reference EA1/OU-010. :slight_smile:

Vy 73 de Pedro, CT1DBS/CU3HF

1 Like