DB errors again?

I attempted to upload my chaser QSOS and received error messages as follows:
Database Error :
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
For my second attempt:
Database Error :
Cannot open database “sotadata_db” requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user ‘sotadata_data’.
Is there any update under process, or just “business as usual”?

73: Jóska, HA5CW / M0HAA

In reply to HA5CW:

2 minutes ago I have checked it by uploading a csv file. Everything seems to be OK.

73! Alex UT4FJ

Just try it again.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Yes, Tom, it works OK now. :slight_smile:
GL/73: Jóska

In reply to HA5CW:

The server hosting the database engine (SQL Server) was not talking to the server hosting the database webpages (ASP.NET). It happens very infrequently when either network issues or server reboots/upgrades take place at the hosting company. As both servers are Windows based frequent reboots are not only wise but probably essential.

OK, that’s a bit unfair but made me feel better! :slight_smile: Actually IIS Server and ASP.NET is suprisingly resilient. More so than Unix nerds like me would have given it credit for.

This is only an issue if the connectivity is still broken 30 mins after you 1st see it. The rest of the time it’s just one of those things. Go have a coffee and try again a few minutes later.

Andy, MM0FMF
SOTA Database Manager