Database missing info

I am just about to import my QSO data into the SOTA database for my NFD activation of G/TW-004 on Saturday and noticed that according to the database, there has been no evidence of 160m activity from there.

Not true.

My activator log for 20/Feb/2009 shows that I made and entered 12 x 160m QSOs from TW-004 yet the Summit information page does not disclose this.

This could be worth looking into - I suspect, as it is doubtful that this is a “one off” occurrence. I wouldn’t have noticed it if I wasn’t just in the middle of entering another 32 top band QSOs into the database!

Report on my NFD/SOTA activity to follow later…

Phil G4OBK

In reply to G4OBK:

Phil

These QSOs show up here but there is no band listed against them. The best bet for observations such as this is to send them direct to Jon GM4ZFZ via the contact form on the main website. Jon does not read every post here and thus he may well miss such comments.

I noted that SOTAwatch did not recognise 3cm recently. A direct e-mail to Jon as suggested above and it was fixed in a few minutes.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:
Right - will do. I just uploaded my ADIF log and noticed the “blank” total has increased to 44 - all correct. It will just need tagging for the 160m band. I will e-mail Jon.

73 and thank’s

Phil

In reply to G4OBK:
I seem to have a similar issue with my Top Band QSO’s which were listed as OK before but are now tagged blank. I’ll discuss with Gary and Jon.

Thanks for the notice Phil.

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G0AZS:

Perhaps Jon’s 3cm fix broke topband?

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:
Well I suppose the tiny 3cm QSO’s take up less space than the rather beefy 160m ones. :slight_smile:

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to Phil & all:
The database has shown Top Band QSO totals but the title has been missing for at least 6 months to my knowledge, if not a year. Being a 160 user, I noticed this but didn’t do anything about it. Thanks for making an approach to sort it out.

The other thing the database regularly has done from the early days is to scramble multiple activations throughout the day. E.g. If I do summits 1, 2 and 3, it often lists them as 3,2,1 or 1,3,2 etc despite it being given knowledge of the time in UTC of each QSO. This isn’t a real problem in itself as I continued with my Excel log after the database went live but it does, on occasions, make my efforts appear superhuman if not impossible!

Other than that, it’s a great database for which I am very grateful.

To G4OBK: Last night Roy told me of your TW4 activation, Phil. A real marathon and you came quite close to the highest QSO total. Well done. (Nice shelter!)

Thanks, John G4YSS.

In reply to G4OBK:

Sorry for the delayed response.

Now sorted!

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Thank’s Jon - much appreciated.

Phil