Database errors Nov2018

I uploaded my .csv chaser log yesterday and got the same error you all are reporting. No surprises. However, I attempted to upload it back again some time later and I found that despite the error page returned upon the first trial, it looks like most of my chaser log got correctly imported because the system told me that all of the QSOs but the 3 last ones were already there.

I have sometimes tried to upload those remaining 3 last QSOs either by .csv file or manually entered and they never seem to be accepted.

Unless they can solve it remotely on a Sunday, I guess all we’ll have to do is waiting until the weekend is over and the existing problem gets solved by the team or individuals in charge as soon as they get to the office on Monday morning.

Guru

I get this error when I hit “Submit”…

An error has occured whilst saving the Activation Details :
System.ApplicationException: Database Error Adding Activator Entry —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not allocate space for object ‘dbo.ActivatorLogs’.‘PK_ActivatorLog’ in database ‘sotadata_db’ because the ‘PRIMARY’ filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at SOTA.AddActivatorEntry.AddEntry(SqlConnection dbConnection, Int32 userID, String ownCallsign, Int32 summitID, DateTime activationDate, DataTable QSOTable, String& QSODetails) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\AddActivatorEntry.cs:line 302 — End of inner exception stack trace — at SOTA.AddActivatorEntry.AddEntry(SqlConnection dbConnection, Int32 userID, String ownCallsign, Int32 summitID, DateTime activationDate, DataTable QSOTable, String& QSODetails) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\AddActivatorEntry.cs:line 319 at SOTA.AddActivation3.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\AddActivation3.aspx.cs:line 83

Anyone else?
Bill VK1MCW

Different Error

Could not allocate space for object ‘dbo.ActivatorLogs’.‘PK_ActivatorLog’ in database ‘sotadata_db’ because the ‘PRIMARY’ filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not allocate space for object ‘dbo.ActivatorLogs’.‘PK_ActivatorLog’ in database ‘sotadata_db’ because the ‘PRIMARY’ filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.ActivatorLogs'.'PK_ActivatorLog' in database 'sotadata_db' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.] System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) +3305804
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +736
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4061
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) +1293
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry) +421
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +380
SOTA.AddActivatorEntry.AddEntry(SqlConnection dbConnection, Int32 userID, String ownCallsign, Int32 summitID, DateTime activationDate, DataTable QSOTable, String& QSODetails) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\AddActivatorEntry.cs:302

[ApplicationException: Database Error Adding Activator Entry]
SOTA.AddActivatorEntry.AddEntry(SqlConnection dbConnection, Int32 userID, String ownCallsign, Int32 summitID, DateTime activationDate, DataTable QSOTable, String& QSODetails) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\AddActivatorEntry.cs:319
SOTA.ActivatorCSV3.UpdateDatabase(SqlConnection dbConnection, StreamReader sr) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\ActivatorCSV3.aspx.cs:299
SOTA.ActivatorCSV3.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\ActivatorCSV3.aspx.cs:102

[ApplicationException: Error in ActivatorCSV3.UpdateDatabase]
SOTA.ActivatorCSV3.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\ActivatorCSV3.aspx.cs:123
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +11758496
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +150
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5028`

Andrew, Bill,

There has been some discussion of this problem on the thread re the cross-Atlantic event yesterday. Andy has responded that the hosting service was doing things, but given the time of day and the day of week, it might be another few hours or even a day before much changes. Our logs will have to wait. No big deal to me.

Andrew vk1da/2uh

Thanks Andrew - only “inconvenience” is I may have to extend the post activation cold beer as I enter my logs! :slight_smile:

Bill VK1MCW

my log files are ready to upload any time, I might not even do it this week. 16 x S2S if I counted correctly, nice result for the morning.

Andrew
vk1da/2uh

Just doing a few calcs now as I received the same error.

31 QSOs, 21 S2S

Would like to talk to 1AT - he had the ‘worst’ signal of the day on 6m but was the closest to me (51), and Cristian on 432.2 SSB - I couldn’t point my antenna directly at him due to the Black Mountain tower direct in the way - was pointing about 20 degrees more North than the Belconnen CBD and I am assuming we were ‘bouncing’ off some mountains.
70cm SSB VK1FCLU/P QF45ME<>QF44NR 51km

6m VK1DA/p QF45HI <>QF44NR 83km

Wade

You could of course make a quick change so that, when anyone tries to add new QSOs they get, instead of a lengthy error, a short message explaining that a problem exists on the server and that they should try again tomorrow. Not everybody reads the Reflector.

Other solutions exist, of course…

There’s lots I could do Rob if I didn’t have other more pressing plans for today.

Ahh, life and its’ many demands - ever the bane of the programmer :smile:

hello and happy sunday this problem with adding qso was one reason to explore sota Reflector and i find it nice easy way to exchance problems ideas opinions nad more tnx i hope some day the problem will fix cu agn .73

I would not like to give the impression that people should not report errors - such reports are always welcomed by those whose responsibility it is to maintain the various SOTA websites.

And yes - the Reflector is a great way to exchange ideas and opinions.

1 Like

Just to be clear, I can still successfully upload my activator csv log but unable to upload my chaser/s2s csv log. This info should hopefully help pinpoint the problem.

73 Barry N1EU

That’s all the errors saved in case there is some extra info in them. The announcement has been cleaned and locked to keep it simple.

I have a good idea as to the problem but it won’t get fixed without input from the hosts. It may get fixed today. I’m hoping it will get fixed by tomorrow. If it doesn’t then it will get fixed at some point in the near future. Keep your logs safe for now.

It is an annoyance at an inconvenient time.

2 Likes

its a matter of time we will waiting and be Κn
patience…:slight_smile:

Andy is working on this issue and opened ticket. It is unlikely that he will receive a response until Monday. Please be patient and wait.

3 Likes

It’s working now!!! Thanks!

73 Barry N1EU

1 Like