Database errors Nov2018

I have created this thread to save all the recent error reports.

1 Like

hello evryone from yesterday evening i see this messege can you help me??

See here:

http://reflector.sota.org.uk/t/error-entering-activation-log/18860

Ahoi
Pom

Two folks have just reported this error when uploading a S2S CSV log file

73 Barry N1EU

Same here!
The activator file could be uploaded without problems, only the chaser file goes into hick-up.

73 Heinz

For me itā€™s the other way round. Uploaded the chaser log but the activator log got kicked backā€¦

73, Sylvia OE5YYN

Entered my activator and S2S (chaser) contacts manually (i.e. not a CSV file) - all went fine.

I just tried entering my log manually for todayā€™s activation and it failed on the last step after you click ā€œI agreeā€.

Same problem here.

Error says the server has run out of file space. Thatā€™s why the csv are not found (because they can not be uploaded). I guess :wink:

73 Joe

Hi
Excellent event! But I cannot uploaded the chaser and the activator log.
73 de HB9BIN, JĆ¼rg

I cannot manually enter chaser or activator logsā€¦

Iā€™ve been back about 30mins from the GM Microwave Roundtable and have been investigating what was happening. It appeared there was no disk space on the server and my control panel file manager was not responding. I submitted a ticket reporting the error and popped to the loo for about a minute. On my return the file manager is responding and says we have 4GB of file space at least.

It looks like something was broken on the server and it has been fixed. Whether it was a result of my ticket weā€™ll never know as that would be a fast response. Itā€™s 2315Z now. If you want to try a log upload, wait till gone 2330Z just to let the load drop on the servers as probably other customers who share the service may be hitting the server hard after it has come up. Iā€™ll see if itā€™s working in the morning or if there are more issues to resolve.

1 Like

Still not working. 2343z

Ahoi
Pom

0139 NOT WORKING

Pete
WA7JTM

Yes, still getting same error when uploading chaser/s2s csv

Barry n1EU

It wonā€™t take my manually typed activator log - same message.

KX0R

The database did accept a large bunch of single, manually-typed chaser logs with no problems. It also accepted a single S2S entry.

It still canā€™t accept my activator log with 40 entries, although it has saved it OK in the initial form, and itā€™s still sitting there. Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™ll have to re-type the whole thing before this is overā€¦

KX0R

04/11/2018 06:52 UTC: No difference if ā€œimportā€ or ā€œsubmitā€.
Still no disk space.

Blockquote An error has occured whilst saving the Activation Details :
System.ApplicationException: Database Error Adding Activator Entry ā€”> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not allocate space for object ā€˜dbo.ActivatorLogsā€™.ā€˜PK_ActivatorLogā€™ in database ā€˜sotadata_dbā€™ because the ā€˜PRIMARYā€™ filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at SOTA.AddActivatorEntry.AddEntry(SqlConnection dbConnection, Int32 userID, String ownCallsign, Int32 summitID, DateTime activationDate, DataTable QSOTable, String& QSODetails) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\AddActivatorEntry.cs:line 302 ā€” End of inner exception stack trace ā€” at SOTA.AddActivatorEntry.AddEntry(SqlConnection dbConnection, Int32 userID, String ownCallsign, Int32 summitID, DateTime activationDate, DataTable QSOTable, String& QSODetails) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\AddActivatorEntry.cs:line 319 at SOTA.AddActivation3.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\SOTA\SOTADATABASE_Net45\AddActivation3.aspx.cs:line 83

I could just upload my chaser/S2S file, but the activator file had the same problem. Also entering QSOā€™s manually doesnā€™t help, error after clicking ā€œI agreeā€.

Need to go back again Iā€™d say.