Database - ARM conflict. DM/NW-231

Today I uploaded my chaser log to the database. However, I noticed that after the upload, my total points on the database were greater than my own spreadsheet records. It took me a while to find out why.

In the DM ARM, DM/NW-231 Wolfhardt is valued at 4 points, but in the database the value shown is 6 points. Now while I am happy to gain two extra points, I would guess that the ARM is the definitive document and that the database needs amending.

Cheers, Mike G4BLH

In reply to G4BLH:
Actually Mike, on checking, I think you have found what appears to be a typo in the ARM that was corrected in the master spreadsheets (and thus the database).

“Wolfhardt” has an elevation of 626m (from TOP50 maps) and would qualify for 6 points whereas the ARM shows it with an elevation of 526m which would only get 4 points. It does look very much like “526” the way it is printed on the map but the digital TOP50 data (and surrounding contours) confirms 626m.

In this instance, the database is correct but that’s a nice catch re. the ARM, thanks.

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G0AZS:

Excellent Marc, I’m couple of points better off than I thought HI.

Many thanks, Mike

PS As a matter of interest Marc have you ever used the TOP50 CDs/DVDs. I did consider purchasing one for an area of Germany that I frequent from time to time, but they are not cheap, and I’m not sure I would be able to follow the setting up instructions in German !!

Oops, I’ve just “corrected” the Database to put it back to 526m and 4 points! Right, here goes with reversing everything…!

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G4BLH:

PS As a matter of interest Marc have you ever used the TOP50 CDs/DVDs

Yes I just checked this issue on the ones I have here. They are excellent. I’ll contact you off list about them.

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to M1EYP:
Hi all
I have noticed that LA/TM-076 is given 6points ,but should only be a 4 pointer.
Nice if can be corrected.
de Aage/LA1ENA

In reply to G0AZS:

Hi Marc, hi all,

I checked it on a official 1:25000 map. There is a trig point on Wolfhardt (“Wulf Forest”) at 625.9 meters. So no doubt, 6 points is correct.

BTW: You will find a nice map-server with official maps (max. resolution 1:25000) for Germany at Suche | BFN

Vy 73s, Hardy (DF6PW)

Hi Aage,

Best way, is if the LA Association Manager sends me his corrected spreadsheet for the TM region. I’ll then update the Database.

I could do it directly, but the mistake would reappear whenever that TM region was next updated from Norway. So safest to have it corrected “at source”, and email the sheet to me.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Ok Tom
We have other corrections also, and a lot of new summits. Hope to send them to you during the autumn. Hope to see you again, maybe at the g-qrp convention in
Risworth. Say hallo to Jimmy.
73 de Aage