CW Boot Camps in UK

Following the successful CW Boot Camps by the Essex CW Club over the last 2 years, the following days are planned through 2019

Sunday, March 10th, 2019 Stirling area. GMDX Group.
Saturday, May 4th, 2019 Hereford area, G4FAD.
Saturday, 19th October, 2019 Essex CW ARC.

They are for people of all CW abilities develop their skills further, especially helping novices get over the hurdle of their first QSO.

If you want more information or are interesting in attending the Stirling event please see

73 Gavin
GM0GAV

1 Like

I would be very interested but unfortunately this is about 6-7 hours drive from my house.

I had considered taking the caravan and making a couple of days of it (possibly mixed in with some SOTA) but I’m working on all of the dates listed and it’s doubtful that I will get the time off.

Regrettably not really a practical proposition for me.

Any plans to run some days a bit further south?

Also interested if there are any similar 1 day events or courses that anyone knows about which are a little closer to home (I’m in Swindon to the North of Wiltshire)?

I’d be interested in the Hereford event.

John
G4YTJ

Another event has been added, Norwich. 2019 events are now:

Sunday, March 10th, 2019 Stirling area. GMDX Group.
Sunday, April 28th, Norwich ARC
Saturday, May 4th, 2019 Hereford area, G4FAD.
Saturday, October 19th, 2019 Essex CW ARC.

For attendance at Hereford email Rich G4FAD, his email is correct on qrz.com.

73 Gavin
GM0GAV

I made it to the Hereford one last Saturday; left home at about 7, had a very scenic traffic-free drive in fine weather via Gloucester and Ledbury, and arrived early. It was quite an intense day, but good practice in excellent company.

Nice to meet up with you at the event Rick.

Yes, a big thank you to Hereford ARS and Essex CW for organising the event. You are not going to learn morse in a day but I came away with useful tips, techniques and advice. However, practice, practice, practice is still very much the way to learning cw but an event like this can help you on your way with different skill levels being catered for.

Rick and I waved the Sota flag and I hope we will see a few new activators in the future.

73 Allan

Yes, good to meet you again, Allan. (I had a burrow through my logs, and determined that our paths had crossed once before, on Long Mynd on Saturday 11th March 2017. You were heading back to the car park ahead of the rain, and I was heading for the summit and a rather damp activation. :slight_smile: I worked Colin G8TMV and you on VHF and then switched to HF. This is what the summit looked like by the time I got my HF antenna up.

There’s also a photo somewhere of all my stuff drying out in my hotel room afterwards, but I’ll spare you that… :wink:

1 Like

I too went to the Hereford CW boot camp. If anyone is undecided about whether to go to one or not, the answer is simple - go!
A roomfull of like-minded people, excellent equipment and trainers, and a general air of Bon homie. It was really worth going.

John
G4YTJ

1 Like