Correction

12/02/2011 11:05 gave out GW/NW-004 was GW/NW-003
12/02/2011 13:50 gave out GW/NW-003 was GW/NW-006
First try on FM quite suprise the range with 5w
Quansheng rubber duck.
sorry for mistake Bill

In reply to G4WSB:
Hi Bill

I spoke to a work colleague of mine this morning who went to Snowdonia this Saturday and he told me that at the top of the hills he saw a radio ham! I think he may have mentioned my name to you, he also told me the amateur he spoke to had a W in the callsign!

I presume it was you he was talking to!

Small world

73 Matt 2E0XTL see you on Malvern hills soon no doubt!

he also told me the amateur he spoke to had a W in the callsign!

It would be a cause for concern if that was not the case.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G4WSB:

Thanks Bill, your son took the trouble to come and see me at the Harwell Rally, yesterday. Many thanks, my log amended.

Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to M1EYP:

It would be a cause for concern if that was not the case.

Not necessarily.

In reply to G4WSB:
Hi Bill

Was your activation of G/CE-001 only a short one yesterday?? I noticed the spot about 10 minutes or so after publishing, ran upstairs and turned the radio on, but couldn’t hear you at all in Wroughton. Normally Cleeve Hill activations are at least a 55 here on my collinear. I could hear Eleri Vaguely on G/WB-005, so was surprised not to have heard you or anyone working you.

Jonathan
M6HBS

Not necessarily.

Oh yes! Then again, it did say “in his callsign”, which I took to mean his personal call, rather than a club or special event call in use on the day.

But I was being annoying in the first place, as it obviously referred to the suffix. I will try to be more sensible … someday …

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Yes Suffix indeed, when I said to my colleague WSB it tweeked some memory from the weekend!