Congratulations Roy G4SSH

I just read this on Summitsbase “Latest News” and thought you would appreciate it here. Congratulations Roy, well done. Barry 2E0PXW.

Congratulations Roy G4SSH

Roy G4SSH has become the first person to chase 3,000 unique summits. Roy is one of the top chasers and only chases CW, this makes Roy’s achievement that bit more special. As well as being a superb CW op, Roy is also known for his superior spotting skills and is usually one of the first chasers in most activator’s logs. The Summits News team congratulates you on a magnificant achievement Roy.

Thanks for posting this Barry.

Congratulations Roy, on this outstanding achievement. Such dedication requires the highest accolade indeed.    73  Jeff G4ELZ.

Congrutulations Roy on chasing 3’000 uniques on CW. If you entered your SSB and FM activaty on the database as well you would have more points and uniques.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to 2E0PXW:
Fantastic, Roy!
Where would I be without your observations and spotting???
Keep on the good work.
Mike

In reply to 2E0PXW:

Barry, Mike (GW), Jeff, Jimmy, Mike (LA)

Thank you for your congratulations and good wishes, which must be shared with activators on 3000 different summits. They did all the hard work

Jimmy - as my QTH is on the East coast I am not within the FM range of any activations. The only FM SOTA contact I ever made was /A at the Blackpool Rally this year when Ric was within range.

I occasionally use HF SSB to liaise with John GX0OOO/p when he is on an expedition and advising me of the ETA at the next summit, but by that time I have already had a QSO with him on CW. Adding the two together would only give me a couple of dozen extra points,

I prefer to chase using CW only, which is my favourite mode; gives me a feeling of immense satisfaction and allows me to fit SOTA chasing into my life with the minimum of disruption as I do not have to worry about checking for 5 MHz, SSB or VHF alerts.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4SSH:

Congratulations Roy :slight_smile:

A fine achievement!

Mark G0VOF