Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Congratulations Barry MW0IML

Earlier this year i gave Barry a challenge
To activate all 76 north wales summits during 2012
Taking in all 52 summits with winter bonuses available
A total of 442 points a "North Wales Maximum"
Not only this but he has done some of these several times including 9 visits to Moel Eilio this year alone and sixty odd "humps"
It was a pleasure to accompany Barry today on Hope Mt and see him complete this challenge.
Looking forward to the next one
Aled
MW0UPH

In reply to MW0UPH:

Well done Barry.

Robert
G0PEB

Great achievement Barry. Thanks for all the summit to summits from North Wales.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to MW0UPH:
Congratulations Barry, fantastic achievement! Same for England next year? :wink:

Roger MW0IDX

In reply to MW0UPH:
Congratulations Barry and have a lot more fun up the summits.

RICKY
MW6GWR

In reply to MW0UPH:

Very well done, Barry. At least you can start activating for NW points again in a couple of weeks :slight_smile:

Karen

Well done Barry. In the log with me for 2012 were x8 on 40m and x1 on 60m. I must do something about making a new antenna for 60!

Mike G6TUH

Congratulations Barry on activating all 76 GW/NW SOTA summits during 2012.

Jimmy M0HGY

Well done Barry,thanks for all the contacts on various bands.Have a well earned day off and we will see you Thursday.73 Don.

well done barry its allways agreat pleasure to work you,

73s colin g4uxh

In reply to MW0UPH:

Many congratulations to Barry on completing Aled’s challenge and adding a few Humps as well. Thanks also for the many contacts and several s2s, including NW-062 to SW-026 today. Hope to speak again before the new year and look forward to many more contacts in the future.

Merry Christmas and 73 to all,

Rod

In reply to MW0UPH:

Congratulations, Barry. Great to have a firm supporter of 23cm regularly on the summits too!

73, Rob.

In reply to MW0DNK:

Well Done Barry and Thank You

David

In reply to MW0UPH:

Well done Barry. Many congratulations. Thanks for all the contacts from the summits I’ve managed to catch you on.

I just wonder whether you’ve laid yourself open to a new challenge - maybe the same parameters, but applied to GW/MW?

73, Gerald G4OIg

Same parameters? Would be a tall order to expect “All in 2012”…

Tom M1EYP

In reply to MW0UPH:
Well done Barry, A fantastic achievement! The A487 to Aberystwyth will provide you with a good route into Mid Wales, its about time some more people gave the mid Welsh hills a pounding!

Look forward to the next QSO whether it is SOTA or HEMA!

73 for now

Matt

In reply to G8XYJ:

In reply to MW0UPH:
Well done Barry, A fantastic achievement! The A487 to Aberystwyth will
provide you with a good route into Mid Wales, its about time some more
people gave the mid Welsh hills a pounding!

Hi Matt,

A quick look at my log shows I’ve done more S2S with South Wales than Mid Wales, almost all on VHF FM.

Beats me!

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to MW0UPH:
Congratulations Barry! Always a pleasure to speak to you.

Gerald
2W0GDA

In reply to MW0UPH:

Hi Aled,

Congratulations to Barry from me as well, Ive enjoyed all the chats over the past 3 years and hope there will be many more.

Very best wishes,

Derek