Congrats to Christian, HB9GIN – Switzerland celebrates its 34th SOTA Mountain Goat

Dear all

Do you remember these three guys doing Top of Switzerland this summer for SOTA, i.e. climbing on the Dufourspitze, 4’634 m.a.s.l, the highest summit of HB9?

Only two of them were ibex . . . ehmm: mountain goats at that time, Manuel and Matt. The third one is it henceforth: Christian, HB9GIN, has completed the score of 1000 activator points today on a ski tour to the Pischahorn, HB/GR-216, a summit of 2’980 m.a.s.l. nearby Davos.

Christian is an experienced hiker, enjoying the outdoors in all seasons. He prefers doing SOTA primarily on 2 m FM and contacting local buddies, since he can operate shortwave from his home station. So he is a rare one for SOTA on shortwave, doing it as a backup if VHF/UHF should fail. Christian is a supportive, motivating and straightforward guy. He has encouraged me these days by his example to do more for 2 m, and I’m looking for a better antenna now for my FT2DE to give VHF more tries than in the past.

Christian: enjoy your new companion, your SOTA goat. Where do you go next? I’m sure: you still have many ideas of beautiful summits in your mind - to listen to your chasers, to other activators and to the smiling sun above us, shining for you.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

14 Likes

Congratulations Christian on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congrats, Christian!! Welcome to the herd. And thanks for the joint activations we’ve had – I look forward to those in the future. It’s always fun being out with you! And I’m waiting for you to be among the very first to work the highest summit in every Swiss canton.
Paul HB9DST

Hey Christian
Gratuliere dir zum Mountain Goat!
vy 73 de Matt HB9FVF

Hallo Christian
Herzliche Gratulation zur Berggeiss.
vy 73’s Hansruedi, HB9BHW

Hoi Christian

gratuliere Der för die Geiss

73 de hb9fvk (ruedi)

CONGRATS Christian!
Ken K6HPX

Congratulations Christian!
It must be very fun to combine ski mountaineering with SOTA.

Keith KR7RK

Christian , herzliche Gratulation und weiter so ! 73 s Bruno HB9CBR

Congratulations Christian on MG! 73 Bob AC1Z

Congratulations Christian

Congrats Christian on your MG achievement.

73, Woody/K1LB

Lieber Christian
Ganz herzliche Gratulation zur Berggeiss! Mach weiter so !
73 de OE/HB9BIN/p, Jürg

Congrats, Christian!
73 de Rumen/LZ2AF