Colin, M1BUU - Mountain Goat

Colin,

congrats on your MG award and on the way you did it. Sets the bar pretty high. Kind of extended Le Mans style. First, build your radio…

73 Andrew VK1DA/2UH

Truly amazing (running out of superlatives on this thread!)

A great idea well executed, many congratulations on the MG and the style :smile:

Adrian
G4AZS

Monumental effort there Colin!

Well done on the MG, inspiring me to think more about antennas and how I can improve my set up!

Matt G8XYJ

Well done!

This could be the spur that I need, to finish decorating my staircase - I started it in 1993.

2 Likes

Awesome - well done Colin!

Congratulations on reaching MG in spectacular style.

73, John M0VCM

Reaching MG is a hard, difficult task, but this absolutely original, difficult, precise and astonishing master way to celebrate your MG has risen the level bar to an almost unreacheable level.
Very, very impressive, indeed.
Bravo, bravo, bravo, Colin.
2 x Big Congratulations!

Guru

1 Like

Congratulations Colin.

73’s
David
G4ZAO

stunning achievement Colin and very inspiring. The only way forward from that is to take rocks to raise the height of the summit and use semiphore.

Many congratulations,
Glyn

Thanks everybody!

I did this for my own amusement but I’m happy that others feel that they can take away something of value to them.

I suppose, to me, this project represents my journey within SOTA, learning how to operate from summits, learning about circuits and honing my construction skills, and also learning Morse to a high enough standard to get by with rubber stamp QSO’s. Without a doubt, SOTA has pushed me to be a more complete, rounded, radio amateur. I’m still not great on the mike, so maybe I should try to do more on SSB in the future, although I’ll never grow tired of that wonderful feeling after a concise CW QSO, where both ops are in perfect synchronisation, it is truly magical.

73, Colin

4 Likes

Congratulations!

Wow!

Very unique and memorable.

Paul

this is wayyy toooo amazing!!

I just discovered that I had actually made a recording of my panadapter (Omni 6+ 9MHz i.f. output into SDRPlay RSP1 and SDR Console v3) for a few minutes while Colin was on the air. I figured out how to derive audio from this and posted it here: http://n1eu.com/mp3/m1buu.mp3 It starts with Colin’s 559 to me. After our QSO, qso’s with OH9XX and EU2MM follow.

My antenna was a 3-element SteppIR up 19m and Colin’s 300 milliwatt signal was clearly heard despite the lousy condx. 300 milliwatts!!! For low power in tough condx, CW undeniably rules!

73, Barry N1EU

5 Likes

Nice going Colin. I really enjoyed reading about this adventure. Also, thanks for all the help you provided me during my Rockmite adventures. 72, Frank K0JQZ

1 Like

What a way to go(at)!
Well done and hat off to you.

T!m
G4YTD

Colin,

Wonderfully outrageous! Big smile here.

Ken K6HPX

A warm 'grats to you, Colin! I hope to get there too, someday.

Cheers!

Chris K0GRU

Congratulations Colin!! :trophy:
You are great!! :slight_smile:

Stunning effort. Well done to one top Mountain Billy! Extreme solder ironing pioneer.
Chapeau!
73 es sd (safe descent)
Dei M0YDH

Congrats Colin! :slight_smile:

That’s inspiration and sends out a lot of inspiration.

RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT!

You just raise the bar to many of us!

Vy 73 de Pedro, CT1DBS