Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

'Classic double' in South Wales

Hi everyone.

A report of my activation of the ‘the classic double’ Mynydd Troed and Mynydd Llangorse for SOTA is up on my blog http://gw4vpx.blogspot.co.uk/ . Pics are of Llangorse Lake with Pen y Fan SW-001 in the distance…also a glider passing over our summit. Thanks to all the chasers and activators for the contacts and spots on what was a glorious day. 73 Allan GW4VPX

The steps on Troed

Llangorse lake and Pen y Fan in the distance

GW4VPX working the a pile-up

Air display…Waun Fach SW-002 in the distance

It was good to work you on both summits Allan. I’m usually at IWM Duxford on a Wednesday and try to work as many SOTA stations as possible. I managed 37 chaser points this week! Now that Kenwood have donated a nice new TS590S to the Duxford Radio Society we are active on 60m too.

73, Colin G8TMV (and GB2IWM)

Thanks Colin…always nice to work you. On my ‘to do list’ this year is to visit the IWM so I’ll be in touch.

73 Allan

An excellent read as always, Allan. Good to see myself in the log four times - and a special mention!

73, Dave, G4IAR

Thanks Dave…always nice to hear you and pleased that your 60m antenna is working well. Thanks also for the ‘heads up’ on SOTA/Trig activations in the morning…you know what I mean. 73 Allan

All understood, Allan. Sadly I wasn’t on the ball this morning as I’d come down with a dose of man-flu, but hopefully normal service will be resumed tomorrow. I hope it brings the activators a few more chasers.