Chaser operating standards on 40m

The pile up and the humble small station.

That’s one thing i have learnt if the pile is to big being a 10w station is prob best to hang around till it quietens down. Sitting on a certain freq can produce results too when a sota first fires up get in there first especially if they have not been spotted as yet. OR one of my best ones your trying to work one sota and there is a pile up another appears on the spot get in there quick before they move on form the first sometimes works and then go back to the original one. Take some of the Spanish sotas that have been called as Sota AND WFF oh man pile ups on there are BIG. But due to a certain operator, he gets on with it and after an hour or two it quietens down and get in there.

Yet the best one of all is when it is a pile up and conditions are running HOT your direction and you just wade in there on 10w and make the contact through the pile up makes me feel good.

But end of day if you no get through, don’t worry about it as no doubt another activator will come along on another day on same summit.

But end of day again sota is best thing since sliced bread :heart_eyes:

Karl

3 Likes

You can use the Ctrl & F keys (find) and type in the call sign you are looking for save you the bother of scrolling down the list of activators or chasers.

Graeme

2 Likes

I like shortcuts :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip.