Calling all QRS activators

In reply to G8TMV:
Well I ken what he means (-:

In reply to G8TMV:

I bought it secondhand.
It had had a CW filter fitted in the past.
It had had the menu set accordingly.
It had had the filter removed prior to sale.
It had not had the menu updated to reflect the status.

Hence the statement in the previous message. :slight_smile:

Relying on the menu display, especially on a second hand set, is unreliable. I think that if you set the menu option and select NAR and don’t have a filter installed the sound changes but differently to when there is a filter.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0GYX:

Congratulations Ian. The only problem you will have now is being able to feed the CW SOTA addiction that is already developing inside you. You’re already planning that next CW SOTA activation…

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Yeah, I am actually. With time the xyl will learn what,“looks like it’s nice out dear”, really means.

In reply to MW6SPX:
I second Dave’s recommendation of ‘Just learn morse code’. If you type the characters with the keyboard it automatically checks your score. You need to be able to copy with a pen too though I guess.

I convert number plates in to morse as I’m driving, when alone I add. It would possibly unnerve passengers if they heard a stream of dits and dahs coming from me!

In reply to MM0GYX:

I have some Morse QSO’s recorded on my Ipod, in which I listen to whilst driving, in an attempt to get out of the habit of having to write everything on paper.

73 Robert G0PEB

Hi Ian,
one additional micro-hint. With many or most callers coming from the spot a big number of them is zerobeat on your qrg. Just use the RIT for some hertz above and below your transmit-frequency. There will be callers, too, knowing that it is better copy out of the main pile-up. Enjoy, Chris (DL8MBS)

In reply to DL8MBS:
Thanks Chris, good tip which I will try next time.

73, Ian