Bredon Hill activation today

Hi,
Apologies for my lack of CW activity on CE-003 today. I had stated on my alert that I would use the key after SSB.
I had quite a long run on SSB and my wife, Patricia was getting rather cold in the brisk SW wind on the summit. As it was her first SOTA activation, and I would rather hope, not her last! I pulled the plug and headed down the hill to the pub for Lunch.
So, sorry to anyone who wanted the hill on CW.

Frank. G3RMD

In reply to G3RMD:

Not to worry Frank. The hill will still be there another day!!

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3RMD:
Where’s your recommended parking point Frank? I think I’ll be wandering up there on my own!
73 Graham G4FUJ

Graham,

Use the “Summits” link above, and surf into G/CE-003 Bredon Hill. Here (as with many summits) you will find lots of this sort of information as submitted by our intrepid activators. I have just tested the theory, and the grid reference for a parking spot and walk start point is there, as well as directions etc.

Cheers, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Cheers Tom,

I promise to wake up sooner or later! Put it down to a week on call and a lack of ale ;o) !

I knew there was a car park at a reasonable distance - now I have it on the map - almost close enough to do from work one lunchtime…

73 Graham G4FUJ

In reply to G4FUJ:
Hi Graham, I think you’ll need more than your lunch hour but then again it depends how long you have for lunch? There is room for just three cars at the parking place if you go up past the church. You never know, we could do a double some time. Thanks for the contact last Sunday too.
Grant G4ILI

In reply to G3RMD:
Hi Frank,
Thanks for the contacts and encouragement last weekend. Also I forgot to congratulate you on your Mountain Goat status! I am not worthy!!!
Grant G4ILI

In reply to G4ILI:
There’s a good idea!
The lunch hour bit was in jest, though the car park is only 10 minutes or so from here… Trouble is, if it’s decent WX I wouldn’t want to go back to work!
Hope you enjoyed the pint/lunch last Sunday.
Graham G4FUJ