Binsey Apology

Sorry to any chasers waiting for us on Binsey today. The wx was just impossible even for this little one and no mobile coverage. Sorry again
We will return
Rob
G4RQJ

In reply to G4RQJ:

Hi Rob,

I did wonder when I saw the alert this morning. Thought that was being a bit brave.

Weather has been absolutley appaling today and Binsey is no place to be when the wind and rain is coming in from the coast as this one is really exposed to the brunt of things as Colin and I can vouch for during one of our evening activations.

I am so glad I ventured out yesterday along with Richard and Terry on the Far East and Eastern Fells.

Hope to catch you soon.

Liz.

In reply to G4RQJ:

Snap! I sat in the car parking at Deadwater for 1hr45 hoping the rain would stop as predicted. It didn’t so I abandoned Peel Fell. No coverage for 15miles until I could mark it “cancekked” :slight_smile: WX was much improved such a short distance North that I had a mammoth 10min walk up Belling Hill where I worked 3 continents (Europe, America, Asia).

At least I got my RF itch scratched. Better luck next week Rob.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M6EPW:
Hi Liz
Yes, the forecast was for it to clear fairly quickly from the north, guess no one told the weather.
Always another day
Rob

In reply to G4RQJ:

Hi Rob,

I was listening for you on 5MHz & also for Andy MM0FMF as you were both alerted for the same time. I had seen Andy had changed his plans & started on the higher bands but I kept a watch on your usual QRG’s for some time. It is a shame you didn’t get on the air as 5MHz was working well for a change & I had a nice chat with Brian G4ZRP while we were both waiting fot either you or Andy to appear :slight_smile:

Thanks & 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:
Sorry not to turn up Mark,sat at the start for some time then went to a nearby garden centre with a cafe for a brew, lots of wet bikers and walkers doing the same. After about an hour, when the rain started to come through the roof we decided the trip was a no show! Hope next Sunday is better. Today HF seems dead.
Rob G4RQJ

In reply to G4RQJ:

No problem Rob, There will always be another time :slight_smile:

HF does seem a little quiet today. Last night was a little different with 10m open to South America & beyond & 15m working very well to the US. 80m was open to ZL for the better equipped UK stations, but sadly not for me. I have a few days off work so it is guaranteed to rain until I go back next Tuesday Hi!

Thanks & 73,

Mark G0VOF