Beautiful autumn activation of Großer Pyhrgas OE/OO-011

Hello,

It has been a while since my last video but here it is.
Last Sunday started from the parking spot close by Bosruckhütte towards Rohrrauerhaus and hiked up the so called Hofersteig to the summit Großer Pyhrgas.
It is quite a popular summit in the area and a lot of other hikers used the great weather to catch some fresh air.

And of course also a lot of S2S have been possible. Almost as many as on the recent OE5 SOTA day:
Gillbert @OE2GXL organized a group activation of Zitterauer Tisch
Sylvia @OE5YYN and Peter @OE5AUL have discovered a very nice summit in the Mühlviertel area of Upper Austria.
Alfred @OE5AKM on Großer Höllkogel also taking great pictures for his blog.
Hansjörg (John) @OE7PHI and Heinz @OE5EEP have been activating in nearby DL
Karl @OE5JKL in Carinthia (OE-KT-047) with strong signal on 20m
And last but not least Thomas @DJ2TG on IS0/IS-308 Punta Tricoli also with a booming signal on 20m

But see for yourself:

73 de Joe

9 Likes

Wieder ein nettes Video.

Peter

Hi Joe

Thanks for your insights. I remember having investigated this one some months ago like other summits in OE, but I fear that I will have more time to do this one only after my retirement from work, hi. So don’t forget us here at home at the screens in the meantime and maintain your joy to be the reporter and take us up with you!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

1 Like

Hi Markus,

I like the idea of being a reporter. That’s kind of my motivation to make my videos. I got into ham radio because of Christian OE5HCE making SOTA videos and sharing the fun of hiking and radio.
If I can motivate others to go out and enjoy nature that’s a win. Or just to take you all along and share the small and big sights along the way it gives me a good feeling.

73 Joe

3 Likes

Excellent video Joe, the scenery in OE is beautiful. Nice to hear a few familiar OE voices.

73 Andrew VK1AD

Great video, thanks for sharing.

73 de Jaan