Arthurs seat - who do I contact for permission to

Afternoon All
Can anybody tell me who I need to contact for permission to activate Arthurs Seat in Edinburgh please? I can see it from my Hotel window!

Cheers

Tim

G(M)4YTD

In reply to G4YTD:

The Ranger Service on 0131 652 8150 (according to Google).

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:
Thanks Richard
Will give it a go and report back shortly

Tim
G(M)4YTD

In reply to G4YTD:
Is permission still required for this summit? Even using a backpack antenna and HT?

Adrian
MM0TAI

In reply to MM0TAI:

Yes as it’s in the monarch’s back garden.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Ok thanks Andy I will give them a ring nearer the time and see what they say. I see there has been an activation recently so it looks likely,

Adrian
Mm0tai

In reply to MM0TAI:

I managed to gain permission back in October although with some difficulty,had tried the phone numbers on historic Scotland website but nobody knew who was responsible,the head ranger was hard to get hold off despite even gaining his mobile number.Turned up on the day of activation and met one of the rangers on site who kindly made a few requests via two way radio and was given the green light to activate which was good enough for me.Always better to get permission in writing if time allows.

Great wee hill to activate as long as you can escape the tourists.
Good luck!

Graeme. 2M0GIL

In reply to 2M0GIL:
Took your advice Graeme and fired off an email just now, as its only 4 weeks til the intended activation, so watch this space for any developments

Thanks
Adrian
MM0TAI

UPDATE:1, Email bounced back, guess ill have to phone in the morning!