ARIZONA s2s Event, this Sunday Jan 20th

This Sunday the W7A/Arizona SOTA Association is holding an s2s event in conjunction with the ARRL VHF Contest. All participating stations will be on the VHF/UHF bands (6,2,222,432,1296…FM-CW-SSB), and many will also have HF capability. Watch the usual calling frequencies on all bands.

On two meters, 144.410 is used as a local Monitor/coordination frequency in the Phoenix Metro area.

Most plan to be active by 1500 Sunday morning, and continue to operate until bored or worn out (usually 1900 UTC or so…NOON Arizona time).

Thanks to all, and see u in the pile ups!

Pete
WA7JTM
W7A Association Manager

5 Likes

HMM, should I go for a hike Sunday and see if I can’t score a few S2S on HF for my log.

Malen
VE6VID

Up to 13 summits scheduled to be activated Sunday (likely a few more will get on unannounced) and 16 operators, but I am not sure how many will have HF. Some will just operate VHF/UHF.

Details are in the ALERTS for January 20th.

Pete
WA7JTM

Will the 2M and up be both FM and SSB? Would be nice to make some VHF contacts in AZ from SoCal.

Both modes are allowed for the contest, so it’s a matter of each operator’s capabilities. Check the alerts. I see some listed as FM only but a number are showing SSB and CW.

1 Like

Unfortunately most AZ SOTA stations on Sunday will be QRP…however there are many high powered home stations on this weekend who will be looking towards California, mostly on SSB and CW.

Their is one SOTA station on from Yuma on Sunday…so he may be your best bet on VHF from DM03…look for K9PM/7.

Pete
WA7JTM

Thanks!

Howard

Thanks!

Howard

W7A s2s Event/VHF Contest update:

It looks like we have at least 15 summits on the air tomorrow during the VHF contest, and about 20 operators. Check the alerts for details.

I plan on operating HF after 1900 on 20 and 40 meters for the HF guys!

tnx

Pete
WA7JTM
W7A/MN-070 tomorrow morning

Pete,
I’m activating up north to hopefully collect a few S2S points. Hopefully will get you while you are on.

Malen
VE6VID

Malen

I am also in Phoenix and am going to operate from W7A/MN-143 tomorrow. After the VHF activity subsides I also plan to operate on 20m. I will spot the frequency.

Burke
KF7NP

1 Like