Apologies GW/NW-046 14/02/12

Hi Chasers

I must apologise for my very short activation of GW/NW-046 yesterday.

It was my intention to activate on 2m Fm, 7.032 CW and 10.118 CW as alerted.

I had Jill and the boys with me and due to the cold WX and vy strong wind managed 14 mins in total before the order to beat a retreat was given.

Also, the PA0 station - my CW is a bit QRS and although you slowed down a little when I asked, it just wasn’t enough!!

Regards

Dave
M(W)0TUB

In reply to M0TUB:
Hi Dave,
You had the Dutch station right… PA0B that was it… nothing else. …=0)

Steve, MW0BBU.

In reply to MW0BBU:

Hi Steve
I feel better now - thanks for that. I had the PA0B bit but just couldn’t decipher the rest at all. I hunted through the Dutch chasers last night for a clue but to no avail. I see on QRZ.com that there is a PA0B (Rob) but I was sure I heard something after it - perhaps it was just QRM.
Regards
Dave
M0TUB

In reply to M0TUB:

I was sure I heard something after it - perhaps it was just QRM.

PA0BQRM… that would be a difficult call! :slight_smile:

I find it quite difficult with calls that are the “wrong” length. I’m used to German calls having 2 or 3 letters in the suffix. But G+2 calls throw me. As does anything with a / near the front! And I drop E’s far to frequently (oo er!). I always have to get into the swing of hearing OExxxx a few times before I hear the E. I’m sat there thinking “where on Earth is O6xxx?” before it dawns on me what was sent. I need to stress it’s me not the sender.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

PA0BQRM… that would be a difficult call! :slight_smile:

Nice one Andy - very funny indeed - now I’m going to start laughing every time I hear a PA0…

I am assured that this CW reading gets easier with time but…when?

In reply to M0TUB:

I am assured that this CW reading gets easier with time
but…when?

For me at least a century further into the anthropocene!

Brian G8ADD