Anyone lost a mobile phone on Shining Tor?

In reply to M1EYP:

Hi all,

I can confirm Stuart lost a mobile whilst out walking, but cannot remember when or where.
He is back from Africa Thursday (i think), so the mystery will be cleared up then. I lost a vx150 on holyhead mountain having foolishly left it on the car roof whilst getting changed out the walking gear. I Never heard it clatter off the roof, so it lies ( or did) on the road from the lighthouse at southstack.

Stuart and myself will be out activating soon.

rgds Keith G0OXV

In reply to M0GIA:

Any volunteers to find my :-

Yaesu VX110 on Fair Snape Fell
Yaesu FT60R on Whitbarrow
Garmin Etrex on Gt Knoutberry Hill
Dipole co-ax lead on Brown Clee Hill
SOTA pole rubber bung on several hills

In reply to G1INK:

…and your heart in San Fransisco :slight_smile:

In reply to G1INK:

Any volunteers to find my :-
Yaesu VX110 on Fair Snape Fell
Yaesu FT60R on Whitbarrow
Garmin Etrex on Gt Knoutberry Hill
Dipole co-ax lead on Brown Clee Hill
SOTA pole rubber bung on several hills

When I was young, my parents attached gloves etc. to my coat with pieces of elastic.
Maybe something to think about Steve :slight_smile:

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G0AZS:
And I bet your name was written in your school coat and jacket Atb Geoff

In reply to G6MZX:
Yes those nice little embroidered labels… should I stop using them now?

In reply to G0OXV-2:
It probably is the phone then? Kieth i think its a week on Thursday he returns from Africa? All the same we found out the owner.

Amazing as Tom says of people the phone belongs to someone involved in SOTA! Sean / M0GIA

In reply to G1INK:

The best way not to lose things Steve is to leave them at home. The pack was certainly much lighter on Saturday!

I usually have my various bits of kit in the same place in the rucksack / jacket pockets, so it doesn’t feel right when something is not in its place… and I always double check before leaving a summit. I’ve lost a few Royal Mail pink elastic bands on the hills - I hope that they are biodegradable as they are supposed to be.

73, Gerald

In reply to G6MZX:

In reply to G0AZS:
And I bet your name was written in your school coat and jacket Atb
Geoff

When I was at school I thought my name was St. Michael but I just checked and it seems to have been changed to George Asda. Obviously I thought the St was short for Steve. I have kind of gotten used to being Steve and so I think I will stick to it for the time being.

Steve GW7AAV (George Wear Seven Available Asda Versions)

In reply to M0GIA and the group:

I’m back, I saw Keith last night who alerted me to the messages on this reflector (mostly no email access while we’ve been away so almost 300 to view) and a chat with Sean this morning confirms it is my phone, amazing.

I’m left with the mystery of when I lost it, Dee and I don’t remember being in Hawes in the weeks before Feb 07 and I haven’t done a SOTA activation near there either at that time. The most likely would be when I was there with Tom and Jimmy at the end of July 06, that’s a long time before Feb 07. Soon after I spent 2 weeks in bed due to an unknown virus which fogs things a bit. If I can find the documents I think my new phone dates back to September 06 which fits.
Well done Sean for working out it was mine and what are the chances that Marianne would find it!

Stuart G0MJG

In reply to G0MJG:

Stuart, any chance you could pick my lottery numbers for me;o)

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G0MJG:
The mind boggles! Sean

Hi Stuart,

Hope you had a good trip. You actually weren’t at Hawes with us in July 06. You and Don walked with us as far as Ponden, which was four days before we got to Hawes. I did think, looking at your activation record, that it didn’t look like you were SOTAing in that area any time just before we stayed there.

However, I do seem to remember some mention that you and Keith might be in the Hawes area the same week we were there, and keeping an eye out for you, but not actually meeting up. Very hazy!

It could also be that I was right all along. I thought that it was Jimmy that found this phone on SP-004, but Jimmy and Marianne say that she found it in Hawes, although neither can remember where. Marianne seems to think it might have been in a pub.

One thing is for sure - only one part of this mystery has been solved. More facts remain to be uncovered!

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Ah. Time for the deerstalker, meerschaum and magnifying glass - er, do you play the violin? :slight_smile:

Seriously, though, its an amazing coincidence!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

It all sounds a bit “X Files” to me - cue spooky music!

73 de Les, G3VQO