Another shack sloth

Congratulations Shaun M0VGP on becoming the latest Shacksloth. Well done.

73 Graham G4JZF

In reply to G4JZF:

Yes well done Shaun, must catch up one night on the radio.

Well done Shaun, congratulations.

73 Mike GW0DSP

Congratulations Shaun
Frank

Many congratulations on achieving Slothdom and it is good to see you out on the hills again in recent weeks… much missed when you weren’t active. Hope to speak to you again soon.

73, Gerald

Many thanks all for the congratulations, It’s taken a bit longer than expected to get there, mainly due to work commitments curtailing most if not all radio activities during 2007. After sitting on 930 points for what seemed like ages I set out on a mammoth chasing session this weekend. As luck would have it the propagation was excellent on 2m so I managed to work into NP & LD land, an area I struggle with on SSB only having a vertical colinear.

Apologies to all if I seemed a bit stressed this afternoon- I knew I was nearing 1000 points so tried to work everyone I heard or could just hear. The most stressful part was after working Thomas M3OOL on NP-022. I had 999 points & knew that activators would be closing down shortly before daylight ran out. That 1 point seemed like it would have to wait until next week.

16:10 & I could just make out GW8OGI on NW-028, despite trying I couldn’t have made out a report even if I was heard. In desperation I even assembled my portable beam and waved it around out of the window, much to the amusement of the neighbours but even then the signal was only slightly better, I was just too far away.

Just as I was about to call it a day I found Steve G1INK on NP-017, I could hear he was busy so I was very pleased to make the contact with him at 16:42 to reach slothdom at last.

Many thanks to everyone I have worked since starting out, there is certainly a great SOTA community out there. Now I had better start working out to get the 850+ points I need for MG.

73 Sean M0VGP.

In reply to M0VGP:
Congrats Sean on Slothdom, 73 de GEOFF G4CPA

In reply to M0VGP:

Well done Sean, pleasure to work you.
73 Steve G1INK.