Activators notes

I have an idea for a new little feature of database: For activators would be good to have the opportunity to write some note after activation, such as “activation terminated early because of the storm” or even “I tried other bands, but without result” or “short activation, followed the next hill” . Either briefly or in a few sentences. This option would be usefull for example for my most recent activation, which I rather “cut off”, because sri the whole time I had a terrible headache … It may not be only in case of problems, or just for any comments, but also the simple notes or thanks. Is anyone similar opinion that this function would fit here? These notes could occur under the log when using “show log” - that is, after logging into the database and viewing logs.

73 Petr OK3EQ

In reply to OK3EQ:
Hi Petr
Why do you not write your notes in the last field, which is called notes?
I put wx, rig, ant in this field (see below)!
73 HB9BIN, Jürg (George)

F/HB9BIN/P 12.10.2012 07:31 F/VO-052 14.0MHz CW LA8BCA WX: windy
F/HB9BIN/P 12.10.2012 07:32 F/VO-052 14.0MHz CW OE7PHI RIG: FT-857 with 100W
F/HB9BIN/P 12.10.2012 07:32 F/VO-052 14.0MHz CW OM7DX ANT: Buddipole fullsize

In reply to HB9BIN_3:

Hi Jürg,
just a question: Rig FT-854? Wich rig is this? I don’t know it…
Or have you designed a new rig?

Let me tell you, your spanish is gettng a lot fluent; heard you this morning with EA2DNO Irache, difficult name to spell indeed… hi hi!

Coming back to the original thread from Petr, I do agree to put some comments on the first line of the Qso’s, I’m doing also that way lately.

Cheerio 73
Ignacio

In reply to EA2BD:

Rig FT-854? Wich rig is this? I don’t know it…
Or have you designed a new rig?

It’s obvious he meant FT-814.

:wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
or maybe an 857 the 4 is jut below the 7 on the RH number pad. 73 Geoff

In reply to OK3EQ:

Hi Petr,

You can add a new article to each activated summit. For example Summits->OK/US-016 and on this page click on “Add new article” link.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

In reply to F5VGL:

You can add a new article to each activated summit. For example
Summits->OK/US-016 and on this page click on “Add new article” link.

That is designed for info about the summit not about the activation.

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:

Activation reports that include access and summit information can be a useful resource. There are quite a few of those already in the summits database.

Brian G8ADD

Hi all,
yes, remarks in line QSO´s I have also used, this is a simple method, although it seemed somewhat less elegant, probably primarily intended rather for notes on a specific QSO, however, be used for this purpose as communication to chasers as well. I thought in a little more elegant solution in the possibility to write some comments under the log - but if it would be a complication for the database, it is not necessary to deal with.

“Article” seems to be more to the purpose that mentions Brian. This aplication is not often used. (Yes, at home not only hurt our legs, but after rewriting the log also our hands, hi).
In case of any interesting experiences or pictures it sure could be nice, both for those who plan to activate, and for our far friends, for which it may be just another hill with a number and an arrow on the map, which is certainly a shame…

73! Petr OK3EQ