Activations in North Wales-GW4VPX

Hi everyone…Just to let you know that I have posted four reports of my latest activations on my blog… Blog link:- http://www.gw4vpx.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks to all the chasers and activators for the contacts.

73 de Allan GW4VPX

*Mawddach estuary and the Rhinogs from Y Garn GW/NW-037

Chasing s2s… Moel Eilio GW/NW-022…Lleyn Peninsula in the backgroud

My set-up…FT817 with MX-P50M linear.

This one came a little too close for comfort…Eurocopter Squirrel from the Defence Helicopter Flying School…Moel Cynghorion GW/NW-030

3 Likes

Thanks for the S2S on SC-001 Alan. It looks like you were having similar weather to me.

1 Like

Thanks for the blog/report Allan, well done.
Night night
Mike

1 Like

Wish I had some of that weather today :wink:

Jonathan

There was lots of aircraft activity Allan. I didn’t see the earlier ones because I was in the forest, but spotted the Typhoons later. And of course the Chinook on-summit.

Today one of the yellow Sea Kings passed within a few metres at > 100 mph…

… I was on the A55 near Valley and it was in bits on a flat-bed going the other way. :cry:

Thanks for the S2S and the report. Super pics!

1 Like

Just reading your report Allan, you probably could use your linear on 60m, with the 40m LPF switched in. Which is what I am doing now with my homebrew amplifier. 3rd harmonic is still at acceptable levels.
You were very loud with me, I would have guessed you had it in that day.

Jonathan

1 Like

Alan,
I have just bought an MX-P50M. If I had known you used one I would have asked for a quick review first.
The main idea was to reduce battery consumption on receive. Not yet tried outside the workshop.
No copy at all from your recent summits.
Rod