Activation of W2/GC-011

Hi all,

Tom, N2YTF and myself will activate Huntersfield Mountain in the Catskills later today. I had put a wrong date in my alert and have now corrected it (still jet lagged, I guess).

I have a PFR3 with me (5W on 20-30-40m) and Tom will operate a 100W on SSB, 20m preferred. He will also carry his APRS Beacon starting from about 18.00Z but not sure if it will reach out of this area.

I am very excited about my first overseas activation!

73, Heinz, W2/OE5EEP

Hi Heinz,

Will you be doing some more W2 activations while you are in the area? It is a rare association.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
Probably the both of us will activate Hunter Mountain for 10 points on Wednesday…details to be on the alert page soon…

We both had successful activations of Huntersfield Mtn today and I believe Heinz will write up ssomething about it. The activaiton was a bit surprising.
I will now upload my log.

Tom-N2YTF

In reply to M3EYP:
I would like to thank everyone for doing such a great job spotting us. Fully 25% of all stations I worked took the time to spot me…THANKS!!

Tom-N2YTF

Hi Tom and Heinz,

I will be looking forward to the report.

Hope both of you have a good activation of Hunter Mountain W2/GC-002 this Wednesday.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
See you on the air Jimmy…pass the word around that we will be tightly time constrained and will need plenty of interest to assure our 4 contacts…
Tom-N2YTF