Activation of CT/AA-006 and CT/AA-007

Hi all,

this Friday I am going to village of my wife, pretty near of Spain. I do not know exactly when but next week I am thinking to activate CT/AA-006 and CT/AA-007 in same day. It will be a hard task, according to forecast temp will be around 37 degrees in both places and very dry as well.

Just before activations I will send SMS’s to alert everybody about it. Equipment will be K1 and a small inverted dipole on a top of a portable mast, so very easy.

Best 73 and GL to all.

CT1DRB
David Quental

In reply to CT1DRB:
Hi all,

just an update to my previous post, I am thinking to operate SOTA in both references this Sunday.

Before activations I will send SMS.

Best 73 and have a nice weekend.

CT1DRB
David Quental

In reply to CT1DRB:

Hi all,

it was promissed that I wanted to activate 2 summits at same day, CT/AA-006 and CT/AA-007.

Yesterday I activated CT/AA-006 and all went during activation. However I got lost, after activation, and took to much time to find car again. I was tired and the heat was to much high for me, around 40 degrees.

Next time I will activate CT/AA-007, according to map it will be much easier than CT/AA-006.

Best 73 to all and good SOTA activations.

CT1DRB
David Quental

In reply to CT1DRB:

Hi Dave,

You’re doing good job working Portuguese Summits!
Sorry but I don’t agree with you about to activate two (2) summits on same day. It’s preferable spend more time in one Summit. It’s a simple reason you must think first in others … please give the chance to others to work you! If you spend NOT too Much time it’s hard to catch you . This is just my opinion!
Than you can return and work the other missing SUMMIT.:wink:
73s frm Marq CT1BWW