Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

A pre-alert alert

I have not been very active for that last few months since the 12m challenge finished, not enough motivation or time; however I have a few weeks holiday due so will be out and about.

This is just a quick heads-up to say that I will be activating in the LD region where there may be limited 'net access so please look out for alerts and spots will be appreciated. Helen and I will be using an intra-G band, a DX band and possibly VHF.

I have no fixed itinerary, everything depends on the weather, so alerts will probably only be the day before the actual activations.

Hopefully I will catch you chasers very soon from some rarely activated summits

Carolyn

We are also going to try to sneak across the border so look out for us there too.

In reply to G6WRW:

We are also going to try to sneak across the border so look out for us there too<

Now then Carolyn - which border - hi! (;>)

Enjoy your Activations

Jack(;>J

Please 2m SSB if possible Caroline

Have a good trip

73 Graham G4JZF

In reply to GM4COX:

Now then Carolyn - which border - hi! (;>)

The G/NP border of course. I hear NP-020 is extremely pleasant at this time of year. :wink:

In reply to G6WRW:

Will be keeping a look out for you Carolyn. HF from the Lakes on a band that is workable within the UK will be very popular. Like Graham, I would appreciate 2m SSB, but it would require something more than a basic 817 + MFD to get down to me here. :slight_smile:

73, Gerald G4OIG

It looks like we will be dodging thunderstorms on the trip so plans are very loose atm, alerts could be very last minute.

2m SSB is a possibility but only from the occasional summit; if I carry VHF I might not do or have limited HF capability as I’m not feeling fit enough to carry two decent set-ups; amps, batteries and antennas.

Jack; we will be raiding a few proper hills on our tour ;o)

Carolyn