A "don't agree" button?

Yes but only for the person who starts the subject and he/she might not want to be bothered - if it was an “integrated feature” of a post response, that would make it simpler all round.
In any case, it appears the concensus is that the idea is not favoured, so lets drop it now.

Ed.

1 Like

No, I understood where you were coming from. I described what I feared would inevitably happen. When I said “encouraging”, I was meaning merely by the very existence of the dislike button, and in no way meant to suggest that you were personally “encouraging” such behaviour in your proposal.

I don’t much like the “Like” button or the heart it uses. I have occasionally used it, but “like” has, for me, a rather narrow range of application, and quite often feels inappropriate for the matter under discussion. If asked to specify something, I’d do away with the “Like” heart altogether. If something like it was an absolute requirement then I’d suggest giving the reader a fair selection of simple icons so that something more appropriate to the post could be chosen…

1 Like