70th Mt. San Cristóbal EA2/NV-119 by EA2IF/P on 16/05/2017

Since my son is not anymore going to rock climbing training on Saturdays morning, I had not activated Mt. San Cristóbal since last April 8th and I unexpectedly found myself out of the office a few minutes after 17h, with an extremely warm and sunny afternoon with an extra hour to activate before I had to go and take care of other family related things.
So I happily drove up to the top, raised an alert to make sure that I would be picked up by the skimmers + spotted by RBNhole and immediately proceeded to install my mobile whip antenna with a single wire radial attached to the wooden posts I always use for that purpose and plugged the MTR rig.
Since my car was pretty near to my operating position and I was wearing my work clothing instead of mountaineering clothing, I sat today on seat like this one, instead of sitting on the ground/grass.

This seat lives permanently in the trunk of my car together with the mobile whip antenna.
Since Ignacio EA2BD gave it to me, I think the MTR is also going to live permanently in the trunk of my car awaiting for such unexpected time frames for SOTA like today’s.

I spent nearly an hour and managed to log 19 QSOs within Europe, 2 of which were S2S.
I was about to QRT when Jorge EA2LU called me and he then informed me of the presence of 2 other activations on a very close frequency, so I QSYed and managed to work them both. Thank you very much, Jorge.

This is the full log:

This is the S2S log:

Best 73,

Guru