50 watt Wouxun dual bander on the way

I see there is a 50 watt 144/432 MHz FM Wouxun transceiver on the way. It has receive capability on 70 MHz as well! I have little doubt that they will add transmit capability on 70 MHz before long if there is a demand for it … all we have to do is ask!

http://www.hamradio.co.uk/acatalog/Am_Mobile_Wouxun.html

http://www.handiham.org/node/941

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:
In that case please Mr Wouxun may I have a 2m / 4m FM and SSB transceiver? Long battery life. Perfect for Welsh Borders region of SOTA

David M0YDH

In reply to M0YDH:

Oh, yes - pretty please…and can we have 6 metres on it, too?

Brian G8ADD

By the way, there is a comprehensive review and technical test of the Wouxun KG-UVD1P dual band handheld transceiver in the November 2010 “QST” (p. 52). Very interesting.

Incidentally, they say the correct pronunciation of Wouxun is “Oh-Sheng”. I must try that out in my local Chinese Take-away!
:slight_smile:

73 de Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G8ADD:

If they bring out a 432/144/70/50 MHz FM/SSB/CW model, thousands will be killed in the rush!

:slight_smile:

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:

Which Yaesu design have they copied for this one?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

More likely they make them and badge them for Yaesu!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to MM0FMF:

Which Yaesu design have they copied for this one?

Who’s complaining?
:wink:

73 de G3NYY

Found this elsewhere…

The correct Chinese spelling should be “OuXun”.

If you pronounce it as Chinese… it should be “O-shin”.

If you pronounce “WouXun” in Chinese it should be “Wo” (as in woah! woah! hold your horses!) and Shin

In reply to GM7GAX:

One of the problems comes from the replacement of the old Wade-Giles transliterations by the more modern Pinyin, I have a side interest in botany, particularly rhododendrons, and the Pinyin names are almost unrecognisable to me!
I guess in Wade-Giles it would be Wu-Shin…and to me Wade-Giles works better for English speakers.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Oops better not tell you I tend to do rhodo removal in my part time then.

In reply to GM7GAX:

Probably R. ponticum, then! People call it an exotic menace but fossil evidence shows that it was native to this country until the ice age wiped it out, this is why the re-introduction does so well!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Correct…

One of my bosses from long ago has had books published on the subject but I never read any.

Now as for the other introductions…

Japanese Knotweed and Himalyan Balsam…

Grrrrr,

anyway back to on topic…

Bobby
GM7GAX

In reply to GM7GAX:

Peter Cox?

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Mervyn Kessell

Bobby

In reply to GM7GAX:
Mervyn, such a lovely bloke, it was a heck of a shock when he died.

Brian

In reply to G8ADD:

I knew him when he worked with our local authority before he headed to Argyll, I laughed one day when he called a pal into his office and asked him for contacts to give him detailed maps of the Himalayas,I never heard if he made it.
Just felt guilty there and found a second hand copy of one of the books on Amazon.

Bobby

In reply to GM7GAX:
Yes, its a good book for the general gardener. Mervyn started me into computers, I was the Editor for the Scottish Rhododendron Society and he helped me (drove me really in a nice sort of way) to take the Newsletter from an amateurish A4 duplicated sheet or three to an A5 book with coloured cover and eventually illustrations, using Page Plus. I think he went on at least one trip with the Cox’s and Hargreaves and came back with some really rare primulas!

Brian

In reply to G8ADD:
And Charles Puddle! a genius leaf turner of his time. Passed away quite recently at a grand old age.

Rick

GW0VMW

In reply to GW0VMW:

I never met Charles Puddle, unfortunately, but of course I knew of him. Funny how rhodies are associated with dynasties!

Brian