2 meter band

I am thinking about doing 2 meters. Which frequency would you suggest?

In reply to MW6GWR:

2m FM start on 145.500 with a planned QSY to something like 145.425; check for use before QSY.

2m ssb start on 144.300 and go to 144.280 or 320; both are used a fair bit but 2m ssb is so sparse that you can almost guarantee one will be free.

Good luck.
Rod

In reply to MW6GWR:

I am thinking about doing 2 meters. Which frequency would you suggest?

Avoid the frequencies where Nets start Txing on your QRG in the middle of an activation, then pretend they can’t hear you (even if you’re running 50 Watts up a collinear) when they’re politely asked to QSY, despite the fact you’re 5/9++ on Uranus and you’ve been working a pile-up for 3 hours solid…

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
You leave yourself open to abuse…
Of all the planets to think of!

In reply to G1STQ:
Yes, on Uranus and working a Pile-up…

Must be the result of too long spent sat on cold damp ground!

Jonathan
2E0CTW

In reply to 2E0CTW:

In reply to G1STQ:
Yes, on Uranus and working a Pile-up…

Must be the result of too long spent sat on cold damp ground!

:-))))

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to M0JLA:
Thanks Rod the radio i have got is the alinco DJ-195 for 2 meter so i think it only FM.

Ricky
MW6GWR

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Thanks for the tip Mike.

Ricky
MW6GWR

In reply to MW6GWR:
Ricky - keep an eye on Spots and see what frequencies other activators are using and you’ll soon build up a small list.

Write this in your log book and you can’t forget when up to your waist in snow/mud/rain/sheep doodah or anything else. Works a treat and as you start to use more bands/modes, just keep updating your list.

It can be a shock just what you can and do forget when cold up on a big hill in a blizzard.

Have fun!

John

In reply to G1SSTQ:
thanks for the tip John i will do that

Ricky
MW6GWR