10,000 point Sloth!

Saw a few congratulatory comments in “spots” aimed at N4EX, Rich in Raleigh, and took a look at the database. Sure enough . . .10,000+ Chaser points! Anything but slothful! Add our awe to that of all chasers. What an accomplishment. Congrats from Merle and Herm.

Congratulations Rich on achieving the Super Sloth.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to 2E0EYP:
Wellcome on board, Rich. I have also passed the 10K chaser points mark recently but I did not know the term Super Sloth.
73 Ruda OK2QA

Congratulations Ruda on achieving the Super Sloth.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to OK2QA:

Well done to Rich and you, Ruda! I coined the term “super sloth” several years ago when the first chaser reached that number, and it caught on, but it is unofficial, it doesn’t appear in the rules. It looks like the time is approaching when we will have to find a similar title for the 100,000 sloths!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Congrats Rich and Ruda - excellent achievement both of you.

Brian - surely 100,000 points is Mega Sloth or had you reserved that for a lower order of award? :slight_smile:

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:
of you.

Brian - surely 100,000 points is Mega Sloth

Only if they’re all S2S, Gerald :wink:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Congratulations.
Well done indeed.
Thats a lot of sofa time!

In reply to G4OIG:

Mega sloth is preserved for the first chaser to get a million points! ;-))

Possibly something like Hypersloth for 100,000, even though as a prefix hypo means beneath or nearly.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Mega sloth is preserved for the first chaser to get a million points!
;-))

Sticking with the sloth theme, one could go prehistoric. There’s Megatherium
(Megatherium - Wikipedia) for instance…

:wink: 73 Rick M0LEP

In reply to G8ADD:

prefix hypo means beneath or nearly.

But “hyper” as a prefix in scientific parlance does imply a level above the general condition so that’s OK if not very specific.

How about hectosloth… accurate but perhaps not elegant :slight_smile:

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4MD:

Indeed, hyper means very or greatly, I am loth to use it as it can be confused with hypo, and could also be taken to mean very slothful, though in view of the time you would have to spend looking at a radio perhaps it isn’t all that inappropriate!

Hecto- is an ugly sounding prefix…

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Hypo is what I don’t want to be. Hyperglycemic is what I am though :slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G8ADD:

Mega sloth is preserved for the first chaser to get a million points! ;-))

Probably not in our lifetime Brian, even with the explosion of SOTA across the globe. :wink:

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:

Perhaps not, Gerald, but in the early years of SOTA nobody imagined that a supersloth was possible, so who knows?

I notice that we are past half-way to our first super goat!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to KB1RJC:
Nice job Rich! It’s always a pleasure working you from my SOTA’s and 9 out of ten times you always find me first. Thanks for always being around.

In reply to KB1RJC:
Congratulations Rich. It’s always great to work you.

Malcolm VE2DDZ

In reply to VE2DDZ:

Rich is the DEDICATION man :wink: How many times I get ready to QRV, send a couple dits to check power to hear N4EX N4EX without the need to call CQ?

When theres APRS coverage, I suspect him to watch my beacons to get ready to hit me :wink:

A big thanks to Rich, always there to help us.

In reply to G4OIG:

In reply to G8ADD:

Mega sloth is preserved for the first chaser to get a million
points! ;-))
If a million is Mega Sloth, then surely 100,000 is IRON BOTTOM, Gerald.
Elliott, K6ILM
Knob & Pointer
Tuning Forever